First-time buyers with young families
Category Hints & Tips
Searching for a home with small children requires some extra legwork. Make sure you have enough space for your growing family. First-time buyers with young families should consider the following important factors;
- Affordability - can you afford to buy the property?
- Is the neighbourhood suitable to your lifestyle? Do some research.
- Location location location - is the property within proximity to schools, attractions, friends, recreational amenities, and close to your workplace? And most importantly is it a safe area to raise a family? Location is not just about the street you live on, but also about the community you choose.
- Does the home you're considering have a secure outdoor area where kids can play?
- Are there a lot of stairs in the home?
- Does the floor plan of the property suit your family's needs? Are there enough bedrooms and bathrooms? And do you have a budget for updates or renovations, or are you moving in as is?
- Is the property child safe? Pool fence and banister guards?
- Is there enough cupboard and storage space to accommodate children's clothes, toys, books, or sports equipment?