Make your home a sanctuary
Make your home a sanctuary in this increasingly stressful world. Because of our busy lifestyles, we barely have the time to rest and recharge. Choose to make your home a feel-good space where you can feel more positive, relaxed, and happy!
"Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful" - William Morris
- Declutter and remove all unwanted items. This will reduce stress and generate feelings of peace & tranquility.
- Fill your home with things you absolutely love - books, music and records or framed photos - whatever brings you joy and happiness.
- Maintain a regular cleaning schedule so that your home stays orderly and tidy.
- Make the most of a view from a room by keeping blinds or curtains open. Bring in natural light.
- Dim your lights into the evening to create a calmer environment so that you can unwind more easily.
- Burn aromatherapy diffusers or candles for a calming sensory experience in the home. From eucalyptus to ylang-ylang to lemongrass and all the pretty essences in between. This will create the sanctuary you need to recharge.
- Make your home as natural as possible - add plants, natural wood, and beautiful pebbles & stones. Keep fresh flowers all over the house - they add a touch of beauty and serenity.
- Create a 'Zen Zone' - whether it be in a spare bedroom or quiet room in the house for you to relax and unwind after a stressful day.
- Set boundaries for when and where tech can be used at home - try banning phones at the dinner table to allow time for your family to reconnect
- Inject love, kindness, peace, fun, and laughter into your home. It will become a place where you and your family will want to spend most of your time.